Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Today, July 29

I believe this wave of race-based violence we've seen lately is sublimated rage. The people who commit these acts of violence, murder, and terrorism may share a sublimated hatred of Obama. The unmistakable fact of his presidency disturbs the racist on deep levels. At first, they tried to de-legitimize his presidency and his citizenship. When that didn't work, they resorted to obstinant head-in-the-sand tactics. when that failed, they resorted to violence - not against Obama, but against easier prey. Women, sleeping children, unarmed people on the street.

I always expected they would come after me. I was an Obama fundraiser. I registered voters and co-founded Students for Obama. I live alone. I'm a visible target. But these cowards have other plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment