Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sweet Sweetback's Blog-ass Song

I used to blog all the time. In fact, I used to be a bit of an internet celebrity, back in the old LiveJournal days (pour out a 40 for my LJ homies). Somewhere around 2006 or so, it stopped being fun. I found people wanted to date me to be in the blog, or wanted to hang out with me so they would show up in the blog, or wanted everyone but them to show up in the blog, or didn't like something I said, or.... So I quit. Every now and then I've thought about restarting the blog. I've even made two half-hearted attempts. But that was all a long time ago. Much has changed. I've also seen a bit of encouragement lately from some friends and colleagues.

So...

I'm back. Back to blogging, back to daily public writing. Back to the way I started writing. It's time. So if you were a fan of my old ulitave columns, or a reader from my stint as Whorizontal, or a reader of my fiction and nonfiction, or a fan of my spoken word, stay tuned and call your friends. If you're a student or former student, or we met at a conference, or you're one of my friends from Liberia or Zanzibar, hello again.

If you don't like me or my stuff, I'm doing this specifically to irritate the shit out of you. You gave me lemons, I made gin and tonic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment