Friday, June 8, 2012

The Boy Who Climbed His Mother into Heaven

"Kweli [Journal] celebrates cultural kinships and the role of the literary imagination. In this shared space, you will hear the lived experience of people of color. Our many stories. Our shared histories. Our creative play with language. Here our memories are wrapped inside the music of the Muscogee, the blues songs of the South, the clipped patois of the Caribbean. Here in Spanish, Zulu, Tagalog, a useful past is lying down next to an ailing present. Our prose, poetry, and visual art are full of viatamins and vernacular. Listen. Grow. Lift."


 I can't tell you how often someone asks me "what should I read?" We have a gadzillion lit magazines out there. Read one. Read two. Discover new writers. I've read Kweli for awhile now - their work is amazing. AND, I'm extremely happy to say that I'll join them in an upcoming issue. "The Boy Who Climbed His Mother into Heaven" has been selected for publication in an upcoming issue. More details later: read Kweli now.

No comments:

Post a Comment